1. The Allegheny Cup will run on the main track this year. Sign-up will start at 7:00 am and will be concurrent with a normal track meet for "big" bikes that will also run a District 5 points paying event for the day. Practice will start at 9:30 am after a short discussion and racing will start at 10:30 am.
2. The classes of competition for 50 cc racing are AMA Class 1, Class 2, Class 3 and Class 4. There will be two (2) additional classes added for 2012, they are AMA 50cc STOCK OPEN 4-8 and AMA MODIFIED OPEN 0-60cc 7-9 years.
There will be NO split grading system to the 65 cc classes other than by Date of Birth. We will award a trophy and similar prize schedule for each of the 65cc groups as the original Class 2 50 cc champion. Our intention in future years is to grow the other classes as participation rates increase. There will only be ONE Allegheny Cup perpetual trophy though, and it is awarded to the 50 cc Class 2 Champion.
3. For all competition in Class 2 racing, NO parents are allowed onto the track to provide assistance for ANY rider. Any rider in Class 2 competition who receives assistance after the start gate has dropped from anyone other than an employee of Rocket Raceway or a District official, disqualifies themselves immediately for The Allegheny Cup. This rule is required to prevent preferential assistance affecting the outcome of the competition. Track workers and registered officials will provide unbiased assistance as required during the event.
4. Competitors for the Allegheny Cup (Class 2), will be required to demonstrate the ability to start their own machine prior to the commencement of the first moto. We do this because without a qualifier for this event, we need to see a demonstration of skill necessary for competition on a track of this size. It is not an AMA rule, but is still required.
5. All classes of competition will run TWO (2), four (4) lap motos (races). The scoring will be the traditional AMA system, where the highest score after the last race will result in the winner and all other positions calculated in the same manner. In the event of an equal calculation of any competitor's scores, the rider who placed the best finish in the last moto will be determined the winner of the tie.
6. All machines must conform with the AMA rulings regarding displacement for competition. Persons found to be not in conformity (ie: cheating), will be disqualified and will also forfeit any rights of privacy regarding the reason for their disqualification. All 50cc machines are stock, however pre-production machines and 2013 early release models that are equipped with OEM part numbers that are the same as aftermarket equipment (eg: KTM Limited Edition 50 SX, equipped with an FMF pipe fitted as an OEM part), are allowed to compete. The 65 cc is considered a modified class in conformity with the provisions of the AMA rule book, there is no "stock" class for 65 cc competition at The Allegheny Cup.
7. All competition for 2012 will be held on the main track.
8. All racers must have the parental releases
signed and witnessed in the presence of Rocket Raceway or AMA District 5 staff. If either parent is not able to attend on the day, you must have the official AMA Youth Liability Waiver
form notarized, the form must be printed in color and the notary seal must be the original, (raised).
9. If you are supervising a child for any part of the day, even one who is a spectator, please be sure to make sure to have a medical consent form signed and notarized. The form should also indicate any medications and allergies. Be sure to bring medications, epipens or inhalants to the race if required.
10. The track directions should be followed from the Rocket Raceway directions
page. Even the most modern GPS systems will take you through unserviceable roads in this part of Pennsylvania. Old school...is the only way to get here!
11. Good Luck! Have fun, we want you all to come back again after this event too! Camping is always free!